If you have a complaint about any aspect of the products or services we have provided, we’d like to hear about it so that we can quickly put things right.
If your complaint is about a service provided by your Financial Adviser, you should follow their complaints procedure in the first instance (Financial Advisers must provide information about their complaint procedures in their Disclosure Statement).
If your concerns are about an adviser’s service(s) we encourage you to raise them directly with the adviser.
If you raise a concern or complaint with us, we understand that you’d like us to:
- acknowledge your concerns and give you an assurance that we’ll investigate;
- explain what happened and why;
- find a resolution; and
- provide an assurance that, where appropriate, changes will be made to avoid future recurrences of the issue.
Most problems can be resolved straight away by talking to our customer services team. You can call them between 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday on:
- 0800 88 22 88 for complaints or feedback relating to Platinum Plus, Platinum Protection Plan, Gold Medal and savings and investment products and services; or
- 0800 754 754 for complaints or feedback relating to Life 360, Business 360 and other life insurance policies that were originally sold through another provider.
Our customer service representatives are trained and authorised to make decisions in line with our policies and procedures for handling customer complaints. The representative you speak to will take responsibility for either solving the problem on the spot, or ensuring it is handled by the appropriate person.
Our aim is to resolve the majority of complaints during your first contact with our customer service team. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint or how it was handled by Fidelity Life, you can request that your complaint be escalated to a manager. The manager will work with you to resolve your concerns.
We’re just as determined as you to sort out any problems, so if you are still dissatisfied we’ll undertake a complete review of your complaint independent of the Fidelity Life staff who have been involved in your case to this point.
The Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman scheme
If, in spite of all our efforts, you feel your complaint has not been resolved, you may be eligible to take your complaint to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman (“IFSO”), our nominated disputes resolution scheme.
The IFSO acts as an independent and impartial party to resolve disputes between consumers and insurance and financial services companies, and the service is free to consumers. Complaints taken to the IFSO need to meet certain criteria.
For information about the service offered by the IFSO, and the types of complaint they can consider please visit the IFSO website.
What to tell us
You can tell us about your concerns by talking with us directly, completing our online form below or by writing to us. Either way, the more information you can provide us with the quicker we will be able to investigate and work with you to resolve the problem.
- Your name, address and best daytime contact number or email address;
- The type of policy or the service your concern relates to;
- The policy number(s) or customer number;
- A detailed explanation of your concerns;
- Names and details of anyone you may have already spoken to, or received correspondence from about your policy or concerns (for example an adviser or broker, a Fidelity Life staff member, etc.);
- What outcome you would like from our review of your concerns;
- Any other information that might help us to resolve your complaint, including copies of any correspondence.
You may wish to nominate a friend, family member or another person to act on your behalf and deal with Fidelity Life about your concerns. In dealing with your nominated person we may need to share with them some personal information about you or your policies and this means that we need your written permission to do this.