About Group Insurance
Risk covers available include:
- Life Insurance
- Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance
- Trauma Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
In many cases cover will be granted without any evidence of health for eligible employees up to the automatic acceptance limit, which is different for each scheme.
Having cover under the scheme is compulsory for all eligible employees that qualify.
Group Risk schemes require a minimum of 10 eligible employees.
Who is an eligible employee?
- The definition of an eligible employee is chosen by the employer, with our agreement. There are some restrictions, such as, neither you nor your employee being able to choose the date an employee is eligible for cover.
- Eligibility criteria must be objective. An example of an objective eligibility criterion is “full time employees who work more than 30 hours a week”.
- Employees must work at least 15 hours a week for some cover.
- We can provide cover for employees up to age 65 and in some cases beyond age 65.
- We provide cover for most occupations, however there are some high risk occupations that we are unable to cover.
What are the benefits?
We will grant cover up to a specified amount without any evidence of health for all eligible employees who are actively at work on the date a scheme commences, or on the date they are first eligible for cover if that date is after the date cover starts.
This amount will vary for each scheme depending on the number of covered employees, the sums insured and other factors we consider.
Value for money
For a small proportion of your total salary budget you can provide cover for your staff, which helps them to feel valued and helps you retain your valuable employees.
Cover available during unpaid leave
Cover can continue for your employees on parental or other unpaid leave as long as premiums continue to be paid.
Note: Conditions apply.
Cover available while overseas
Cover can continue for employees holidaying overseas. We may also be able to continue cover for those employees travelling overseas frequently on business or if seconded overseas.
When an insured person leaves your employment they can choose to continue their cover under an individual policy with no additional underwriting.
Note: An additional premium may be required. Conditions apply.
How to get an illustration?
For illustrations, please contact your Business Development Manager or email our Corporate Distribution team.
Information required is:
- Details of cover required.
- Proposed eligibility criteria in Excel format.
- Occupation and industry of employer.
- List of prospective members, including dates of birth and gender.
- Salary (if applicable).
- Group rates do not vary by smoker status.
- Cover may be restricted or not available for some hazardous occupations.
Disclaimer: This is a convenient summary of the key points of this insurance policy. It is not, and is not intended to be, a policy document. Details of definitions, benefits, standard exclusions/limitations, terms and conditions are contained in the official policy document which is available from your financial adviser. You should read the policy document carefully to make sure you understand exactly what cover is provided under each benefit. This document does not provide a personalised financial advice service.